Wednesday, July 08, 2009

WRITING MY LIFE IN 140 CHARACTERS

I was trying to tell you my experience living with the Swine Flu BUT i failed. why? I think that I've lost the ability to express what I'm feeling. the reason? Twitter. If you go to twitter.com you will find a very basic webpage where the server gives you a space with 140 characters and a simple question What are you doing?
Jeez! Just here I have more than 140 characters and I haven't started yet! This is a crazy way of expressing yourself isn't it?
Even though 140 characters are definetely not enough I love twitter. I have to confess that I closed my facebook account because of twitter. (and other reasons that I am not going to say now) I've realized that twitter is such a great way of communicating with people you care about. I mean in facebook I had like tonz of ppl added as "friends" c'mon, friends? ok. that's another point.
The reason I like twitter so much is because is private, is easier and here in Conce or even in Chile is not as popular as Facebook at least among the people I know (again, i'm not going to call them friends) so I can tweet whatever I want wherever I want and nobody is going to tell me that what I tweeted was wrong.
Ok, I am a little upset now, but don't worry, like a girl tweeted, life is like a yo-yo. Last months I've really got myself into the teenie world with my friend Berenice and all the people I know are saying: oh my gosh I don't understand you. How can you read all those webpages, it's BS and soever. GREAT! now I have more ppl trying to control my life. NO WAY
(I don't know how did "twitter" turn into"personal life") but here we have another reason:
that doesn't happen if you have just 140 characters to write
After all, who wants to say everything about his or her life?
C'mon ppl, 140 ARE ENOUGH
Welcome to twitter :)

No comments: